SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Insanity Resides Here... (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

Insanity Resides Here... (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:21 pm

It was hot. Too hot. Lava welled in cracks along the walls, shiny and oozing red, like a big trail of molten slugs. The rocks around were nice and warm, as if left out in the sun too long. Little chunks of foreign minerals glimmered in the cavern, shining off a dull orange light.

Deep into the cave, The voice was silent, thoughtful. Take a left at the farthest corner, and go straight. Footsteps fell. Feel along the wall until you hit the third largest crack. Fingers fumbled in the darkness and grasped the rocky ledge. Home.

A big smile lit her face, lips pulling tight against thin cheeks. The lights were better in here than outside. The amber-y glow made her eyes a dark gray-blue, made the cozy little 'room' seem warm and welcoming. Made the odd, misshapen rocks that were piled together in the corner look like a red-leather covered love seat. The tiny cracks in the floor looked like the lines that you saw in hardwood flooring. The stalactite hanging from the ceiling a naked light bulb.

The girl squeezed through the opening, tearing a new hole in her ragged jean-shorts. She'd cut them herself a little after they'd gotten there, to keep cool. Now little strings of blue denim kept coming off. She wondered why.

She then looked around. Was there no one home? Then she seemed to remember, but her features never wavered. Oh yes, they were all dead. All dead, all dead. The two words danced in her head as she would have danced to her favorite song a long time ago. Giggles exploded from her throat, husky and childish after weeks of disuse. "All dead," she rasped. "All dead."

She went to a smaller pile of rocks. One broke in her hand when she picked it up, crumbling to charcoal-colored dust that felt like dry, sticky clay. This earned another bout of hysterical giggles, while she picked up the three or four of the flimsy stones she'd use. The shirt she was wearing was stained with dirt and sweat, the original yellow having gone a strange shade of gray-green.

She stood up. She'd no need to call her protege, he'd be around when they had their fun. Quickly she exited the home scene, blindly finding her way in the smoldering underground blackness. Her mind, though foggy with delusions, was sharp enough to remember the way through the tunnels to her home and vice versa.

Cody, as the girl was named, pushed a strand of dirty blond hair from her face, eyes widening with excitement. Voices. Ahead. Fun. Death. Misery. Fun. She forced herself to slow her pace. She'd need to take them back alive so that Thomas could play with them, ask them to clean his section of the barren room and the like. She threw one pebble and watched as it rolled to a halt.

An alien quit talking and rushed to the pebble, curiosity in it's strange eyes. It spotted her sunken face and started to turn, to call. She frowned. "No, no," she said in her childish voice, raising her fingers. It was so easy. This one didn't have any desire to live. It only wanted fame. Only fortune. Only money. Her frown deepened. "Forget," she said softly. Liking the sound, she chanted the word, ever so quietly. "Forget, forget. Forget, forget, forget..."

Thin blue strings extended from her fingertips, unseen by all but her. They wrapped around the alien's chest. "Forget." The threads made a sort of needle and speared deep into the chest. No blood fell, and that made her sad. "Forget..." Her voice was growing sullen. The alien did nothing, not aware of the danger. He was still turning, slow-motion like, to tell his friends of the girl standing there muttering strange words to herself. Suddenly, a gray-blotched being was jerked from it's body. It went still, eyes widening, pupils growing larger, as if it was submerged in a dark pool. "Forget, forget," she sang.

The spirit floated to her, guided along by her evilly gentle caress of words on it's sensitive ears. She knew just what made them happy, how to make their centers sing. The stone in her hand started to pulse, and she swiped it towards the creature. It absorbed into the stone, making it glow a faint blue. "Forget, forget, for-get, forgetforgetforgetforget." Her voice went dead suddenly, after her words started blurring together. "Come," she suddenly commanded sharply, turning on her heel.

Take a left at the farthest corner and go straight. Feel along the wall until you hit the third largest crack...
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig
Location : I reside alone on the faraway planet Dormio. It is mine and mine only. Whatever citizens live there are nonsentient lizards.

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:28 am

Thomas ran into the cave, a jug of water hung on his shoulder by the detachable string he'd made. He just came back from his trip to the local Center For Water Distribution--which was merely a glorified water pump--that he visited every day, though, illegally. His clothes were tattered, worn, and discolored from dirt and grime. They weren't his clothes, but clothes that he had gotten, though not by himself, from a fallen friend that was... about his build then. Clothes none the less, he wore them, and would until they got too small, or maybe still then.

As the jug bounced off his leg he made his way through the cave, knowing the path from the dark; eyes trained to see all. As he ran down he barely caught the presence of aliens, already well past them when it clicked in his head. The cave, he thought, was supposed to keep them away. Long ago he'd made the thing into a living fortress, commanded to eliminate all intruders, which was everyone except him, Cody, and whoever they allowed in. Everyone else, like those aliens, weren't permitted to pass. But maybe Cody allowed entrance? He'd ask her later.

Upon entering the opening of the cave where the two lived, he was greeted by the standard darkness. His perception of that small area was always the same, rock and wall, but Cody seemed to find more out of it than he did. Sometimes he wished he could to. Into the darkness he saw Cody and an alien. Why did she have an alien with her? Whenever she had her fun with them she seldom ever took them in here. It was odd.

"Whatcha doin', Cody?" He asked her. His eight year old vocabulary limiting his choice of words.
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:55 am

The blond turned to Thomas, her eyes bright and wild. "Tommy!" she cried. Her voice echoed off the walls. She turned, smiling as she turned the alien with her. "Servant," she said, her voice raspy. She held up the stone. Then she stepped toward Thomas, holding out the stone. "Give to me when done," she said strictly, beckoning the alien towards them.
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig
Location : I reside alone on the faraway planet Dormio. It is mine and mine only. Whatever citizens live there are nonsentient lizards.

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Thomas looked at the stone Cody pressed in his hands and then, looked up from it to the alien that was brought with her. It walked towards them at Cody's call, looking just as stoic as all of the others she controlled. It was... his now, it seemed. A present for him. His own servant to do his work. Ideas already seemed to begin to form in his head. It must have had some kind of legal filing on it, right? It could get food and water, no hassle, no risk. And he'd keep it until the sameness of its in and out movements bored him into doing it himself.

Magnificent! So many things, so little time. It was hard to think of what to do next. He turned towards Cody, joy in his eyes and excitement in his body. What to do next? He opened his arms to embrace his older friend, happy in so many ways that she was kind enough to get him such a nice thing. "Thank you, Cody!" He said with a large grin so bright it could penetrate the darkness.
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:52 pm

She grinned back, teeth shining a yellowed white against her dirt-covered skin. She wrapped her own arms around the younger boy, if a little awkwardly. A bright emotion bubbled warm feelings into her stomach, something she wasn't immediately familiar with but knew. "Welcome." she said, pulling away to look at Thomas. In some odd way, they were like siblings or something. She liked making him happy. The other humans, the ones that had died, she would have liked to see die again. Maybe. She didn't know them well.
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:44 am

Thomas pulled away from Cody and studied the alien. What to do with it? He already got water and well... well, it could get them something to eat. Maybe. It should be able to, right? And he hadn't gotten food yet. It could get their meals all in one go! He thought it would be a good idea, considering the two's situation, and while it was out they could have more time to do things together.

"Go get us some food," he told the alien, naivety allowing him to neglect specifics.

OOC: Aaand. Museless. D:
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:51 am

OOC: It's okay. XD *Is the same but can always make long posts with Cody* Because of her mental disorder. *Nod nod*

IC:

The alien obliged, taking long, awkward steps out of the opening of the wall and heading down the hallway. Cody's eyes watched it until it disappeared, and then some, as if she'd suddenly gained X-Ray vision and could see everything outside the red-purple rocks. She then nodded, looking away. "Give it back to me when done," she instructed again, in her imperfect English. She clapped her hands together, crushing a tiny pebble she'd still had into fine, clay-like dust to demonstrate. The debris fell with a muted clatter to the rock floor.
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:20 am

OOC: Why is her English so failish? DX

Thomas nodded delightfully. It wouldn't be too bad to watch the alien when she did that. He always like to watch. It seemed fascinating. "What do you want to do?" He asked her, eager to start some kind of adventure or something. The isolation of the planet made just about everything fun to do.

OOC: ... :I
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:21 am

OOC: Cause she's insane? XD

Cody smirked. Then she pointed at the cave entrance. "We'll make army. Build ship," she said eagerly. Then her mind broke again and her gaze became blank. If only for a second before she was throwing one of the remaining pebbles at the wall, where it broke and scattered. Her breathing stabilized from rough, angry pants, and she relaxed a little. "No.." she mumbled. "Gotta forget..."

OOC: That post made no sense even to me. :I
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:39 pm

OOC: I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT! DX

Thomas looked at his friend, puzzled. She was happy once and then angry. Like some kind of bipolar hermit, but he shrugged it off, counting it as nothing. She seemed fine now, and that's all that mattered. He thought about what she said. Build an army and then make a spaceship? Like... a toy one or a gigantic one like the one they got here on? Oh, but why did it matter? Everything served as entertainment here.

"When do you want to do it!?" He asked, almost yelling in excitement.

OOC: What happened to all that muse we had? o.o
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:53 pm

OOC: D8

Cody frowned, thinking. If we take the alien souls, we could tell them to make us a ship. Then we could go to Sigma, or any other planet but here. she thought. "Soon," she rasped. "Start gathering souls tomorrow. Have done in one week."

OOC: I've no idea. .__.
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Thomas could have bounced in excitement, and he did, actually, one or twice. They were going to make a ship and blast off to Wowzerworld (don't shoot me, Rook) or something. Who knew? But it would be done in a week. A week... one solid week. Time seemed to already begin to slow down. "You're the best, Cody."

OOC: WE... NEEED THE MUUUUUUUUUUSE BACK! D:
Back to top Go down
SpaceNeko

Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 pm

The blonde smirked again. "Rest up, eat food." She nodded at the entrance as the alien came back. "It lead us to others, we begin soon," she repeated, eying the food the alien held eagerly. "No one stop us," she said proudly, stepping forwards to retrieve the parcel of food. "Sit," Cody commanded. The alien obeyed, eyes dull and empty as it slumped to the floor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insanity Resides Here... (Open)   Insanity Resides Here... (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Insanity Resides Here... (Open)
Page 1 of 1