SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Insert-Title-Here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 am

Light footsteps sounded through the empty hallway, oddly loud in the silence. The single beep signalled that the door had been unlocked echoed loudly, and the door to apartment 105 swung slid slowly open. A teenage girl stepped into the dark room after giving a gusty sigh. The gauzy white fabric of the hospital gown she was wearing swished around her bare legs, as she stepped forth, and an oval of her back was exposed to the chill air, making her shiver slightly.

Covering a yawn escaping her mouth with her left hand, she flicked the light switch towards the 'ON' side with the other. The dull light flickered and buzzed before staying on. The girl trudged over to her bed with the black and pink bedspread and flopped down on it, the bed creaking slightly. Her sheets were crumpled, along with Adailia's, and she could tell that people had been sitting on them. The remnants of an old ceramic mug lay by Adailia's bed, one she could have sworn was on her nightstand before. Wow, Adailia must have had one heck of a party while I was gone. She thought bleakly, staring at the cup.

She didn't feel like getting up, but all the same, she knew she couldn't leave the sharp bits lying on the ground like that. She kneeled and gingerly picked up the larger pieces to toss them in the garbage can in the far corner of the room. But when she walked over, one of the pieces slipped out of her grasp and sliced her hand. "OW!" She exclaimed, dropping it in to the waste basket. Blood trickled from her palm in a steady red stream, and she sighed in frustration as she wiped it off on the gown, staining it scarlet. But as soon as she did, more pulsed out.

Grunting, she made herself a band-aid and stuck it on the wound to stop it from dripping blood all over the place. It didn't seem like much now, considering that she had broken a rib and come close to breaking a second not too long ago. They were healing well, but the recalled someone telling her not to participate in strenuous activities. As if she would.

Kaira felt disgusting. The reek of sick alien patients at the hospital lingered on her gown, and her hair hadn't been brushed for days. "I really need to get it cut..." She mumbled to herself, walking towards the small bathroom. She flicked on the light and stepped onto the cool tile barefoot. She started up the hot water... or whatever substance it was. Who knew what aliens used. When the bathtub was almost full, she dumped a good amount of soap in. The fruity scent floated into the air, reminding her of the orphanage that she'd left a few years back.

She fingered with the thin bow at the back of the flowy hospital gown until the knot came undone, allowing the garment to slide in a heap at her ankles. Then she stepped out and hopped into the bathtub. The suds enveloped her in a strawberry-cranberry-raspberry-scented embrace. She closed her eyes, and felt herself slipping away...

"Where am I?" Kaira looked around. It was completely dark, but as her eyes adjusted, she saw a tiny circle of light up ahead. She ran towards it, and as she came closer, she saw a dark shape lying on the ground. It was Game's body, lying in a pool of his own blood, coming from the hole in his shoulder. [i]No! "Game! GAME!"

"GA-bll!" Kaira's scream was cut off as water entered her nose and mouth. Spluttering, she sat up straight and brushed the bubbles off of her. That was a weird dream... Her heart was still beating unusually fast. Sighing, she poured a bit of shampoo on her hair... [Skips ahead because I'm too bored and I have to go soon]

It was nearly midnight now. She felt so, so tired, but she probably wouldn't be able to sleep. Too much had happened over the past couple weeks. She pulled on fresh underwear, a black spaghetti strap, and soft purple shorts and jumped on to her bed. For a moment, she just lay there on her back, staring up at the blank ceiling. Something was missing...

She sat up again. Oh yes. Usagi-kun. He had been in her schoolbag during the alien fight, and the bag had been destroyed by someone. She felt a pang for them that reached deep into her heart. Those had been her most valuable ties to the human world, and to her father, and now they were gone. She blinked away anguished tears; they were unwanted. Usagi-kun was also her only confidence, and now she had nobody to talk to. Sighing once more, she rolled over onto her side. Maybe tomorrow she would go to school. That would take her mind off things, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Game knew that the only way to get back to his fun loving self was too talk to someone. The only problem was that he came to this conclusion in the middle of the night, when everyone else was asleep. Though he was determined to see it through no matter what, who cared if some people weren't insomniacs like him. They would have to talk to him, or he'd turn their lights on all night. Or do some other insane pranks. The only true person he could talk to was Kaira. Cezar would laugh at him or never say anything, Cheryl was just annoying, and Adailia.. Ugh. It'd be easier to talk to Kaira, she'd would at least know how he felt. And so, he had gotten out of bed, gotten dressed in loose fitting sweat pants, and jogged down stairs to her door. Which incidentally was Adailia's too. The minute he knocked on the door, he knew he should have turned back and went back to brooding, but, he was tired of being so emo. It just wasn't like him.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 pm

The sound of a knock on the door made Kaira jump to her feet, her eyes widening in surprise. Who could that be? She shook her head quickly, droplets of water from her long brown hair splashing around her. She walked speedily to the door and raised an eyebrow when she saw who it was. "Game? What're you doing here?" She crossed her arms and leaned on the doorframe. He looked... weary? Tired? Bored? Well, neither of those seemed to fit, but he just didn't seem as... bubbly as usual. Everyone had changed since the fight with the aliens.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:39 pm

OOC: Just assume this is during the spaceship building... For the sake of my muse.

"Do you have a second?" His mind felt like it was wreathing in anguish. There were so many things he wanted to say to Kaira, but it he couldn't just spill them out, not with Adailia there. Even though she wasn't the gossip type, he didn't like her in his business. "I need to talk to you." It was in the middle of the night, and he was asking a girl to 'talk' with him. Yes, this could be perceived in many ways, but his perverted mind was strangely at ease. Looking at Kaira, it seemed like she had just jumped out of the shower, now he wondered, if he should of just waited until morning. No... Then everyone would be bugging him about the spaceship construction. Sadly enough, there wasn't much to talk about with the creation of the spaceship, there had been too many failures, bringing it up, only made him angry. It was hard to bear this whole load by himself. Dealing with the fact that the fate of Len was in his hands, and that if he did fail, misery and woe would emit from everyone, especially Cheryl. Which was a horrible thought.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:25 pm

"Uh, yeah, sure." The girl stammered before grabbing a black hoodie off the rack and stepping outside with Game. Her wet hair was making her cold, so she pulled the piece of clothing on over her shoulders. "What's up?" She queried, flicking her eyes ever so slightly upwards to look at the boy. She'd grown an inch or so since she'd arrived in Sigma, but she was still only five feet or something like that - short for her age. She wished she was taller, but with a small twinge of regret, she remembered that it was probably too late for her to grow anymore.

Then again, this was Sigma. She'd learned by now that the things that happened here were too crazy to have imagined back on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Game looked around in the hall of the apartments, after he concluded that everyone was asleep, he began to tiptoe down the hall, signaling for Kaira to follow him outside, into the night air. There was a lot to talk about, but he the apartment wasn't really a 'secret' place to chit chat. What he had in mind to talk about was not for others ears, only Kaira's. She was truly the only one trustworthy.

[I sound like a broken record... But yeah. Fail]
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:13 am

Kaira watched as Game searched the hall. She didn't get what he was doing until he beckoned her over. Quietly, she followed him outside, the chill air making her pull her hoodie tighter around her. There was a strange sort of tension in the air, and she felt weird breaking it. "What is it?" She asked softly, remembering at the last second that they were already outside. Still, it would feel weird to speak too loudly.

OOC: I dunno. But at least it's a post...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:18 pm

"It's about the spaceship..." murmured Game staring at the sky that was in the midst of changing from night into day. As the sun yawned and poked its head up from the empty plain of Sigma. He stared up at the half-light that now illuminated the both of them. "You know how, last time... We went to find Len, but..." It was obvious that he couldn't think up the words in his head, his mind was trying to find a way to express his feelings, but it was frustrating to know how difficult it was. Almost as if some force was willing him to keep his mouth shut. "Well, you got hurt, I got hurt. Everyone did, physically and mentally... I don't want to see that happen again." From his tone, it could obviously mean that he didn't want to see Kaira hurt again. Yes, that was part of it. But, they just weren't real warriors, they were normal kids.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:27 am

Game's words flitted around in her mind while she tried to catch them and make sense of it all. "So... you're going to go without me?" She spoke the question out of habit of speaking her mind, looking away deliberately and fixing her purple gaze on the orange-tinged city as if the rising sun had suddenly become a hundred times more beautiful. That wasn't exactly how she'd intended for it to come out, but it wasn't like she had a script or anything. You know that you could get hurt again, and yet you're still going. And not just that; you're leaving me here to wonder whether or not you'll be okay.

She was disappointed, and for the first time, didn't speak every sentence that came to mind. So her broken ribs weren't one hundred percent healed. So what? She was still capable. She would manage, at the least. That was what he was trying to tell her, was he not?

OOC: Explain to me what's happening again? =.=;
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:09 pm

OOC: ... What? They're building a spaceship to save Len. And Game is worried about you.

"No... Not just you." he said in a quiet voice. Closing his eyes for a moment. Kaira seemed to be taking this much better than he thought she would, he had expected her to be fighting him to go on the mission, but then again, this was much more preferable than the alternative. "I don't want Adailia, Yin, Yang, and a bunch of the others. Some of us just aren't fighters, and we will be going up against actual criminals. People with power, not like our superpower but... Ugh... You know what I mean. Strength. All we have is a rusted spaceship and a goal. If we die, I don't want to be the cause of the human extinction..." he murmured a little louder this time, but still not very loud. "You're smart, what do you think I should do? Risk it?"
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:51 pm

OOC: Heh. I'm not a morning person. ><;

And you don't want me either. She thought bluntly to herself. She was used to it, but the... rejection-of-sorts still stung. He didn't think she was strong enough. Strength. The first thing that came to mind after that word was 'Adailia'. She was strong. He could bring her. But for some reason, she didn't want Adailia to go. Maybe she was just worried about her roommate. And yet, somehow, that didn't seem like the reason, but it was the only plausible solution she could think of.

Kaira looked back at Game when he asked for her advice. Smart? She sure didn't feel like it. After a slight hesitation, however, she just let the words tumble out of her mouth without really thinking about what she was saying. "I don't want you to leave. But if you're gonna leave, I wanna go with you. I don't wanna stay here wondering what's happening to you. What if you get hurt, or worse, killed? I'll be waiting for someone that I'll never see again. I don't want that to happen to me again." An image of her father flashed through her mind. She tried to push it away, but it kept coming back. Emotion pricked at her eyes, and she fought to keep her tears back. She'd had enough of crying over stupid things that were beyond her control. So she swallowed and kept her face as determined-looking as she could. If Game wanted to leave, well, she was going to go too. She wasn't about to lose anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Game stared at her for a moment, meeting her eyes dead on, wondering when did she grow to actually worry about him. Her face had that stubborn look that was oddly familiar, though he couldn't pinpoint exactly who it reminded him of. But behind the solid face, he could see tears brimming to the surface of her eyes. For a moment, he was sickened of the fact that Kaira might be crying because of him, but he didn't let it show. He didn't like it when people cried, their crystalline tears reflected their sadness and depressed him. Almost robotically, he put his arms around Kaira in a sort of embrace. Not wanting to see her cry. Regrettably, he knew that Kaira was coming on the mission whether he liked it or not, and he really didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Kaira felt herself being pushed against Game. The force of the action made her stiffen, and it wasn't until all the other thoughts drained from her mind that she realized that the guy was hugging her. Her first hug in about nine years, but she wasn't thinking about that at the moment. She looked up at him, hating herself for making him pity her, or do whatever that encouraged his hug. With the tiniest grunt of effort, she pushed away.

Am I being selfish? She wanted to go, but Game was making it pretty clear by the look on his face that he didn't want her to. But... what if he died? The thought was almost too dreadful to bear. She felt torn between her two choices; she could make Game's life easier, and worry about him until, or if, he returned. If she chose that, she might be forced to live the horrible déjà vù scene - but for real this time.

And, if she went, she would make him miserable or something. And could quite possibly end up dying and proving Game right, or watch him die, and lose him anyways. Ugh. This really, really sucked.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:38 am

Oh, great more relationship problems. He thought as he was, rather roughly, shoved away from Kaira. He wasn't exactly mad, in fact he had expected it, but still it kind of hurt his pride. He stood there awkwardly for a moment, looking into her eyes and just wondering. What was going on in her head? He had never seen her act like this. Had he done something wrong, like what? "What's wrong?" he said slowly, as if the words were acid that needed to be handled extremely carefully. He hadn't said anything that would warrant her tears, had he? Or was he just some big emotionless jerk? Wow... He was starting to sound like those kiddy reality shows back on Earth... Did Earth have something to do with this, nah... It wouldn't add up at all.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:09 am

"Nothing." Kaira had considered spilling everything to him, but found that she couldn't. It would probably end with her all wobbly-lipped and red-faced and tear-soaked and then... she would probably just screw everything up more than she already had.

But now, she found herself staring into Game's eyes, violet and black locked in a sort of awkward staring contest. He had a kind of... confused, cautious look on his face. It was almost like he was reading her mind, or staring deep into her soul. Woah, slow down there! She was letting her thoughts run wild inside her head again, something that wasn't good for a girl who was used to blurting out her thoughts.

So she let herself relax, if only just a bit. What was causing her to be so tense around him, anyways?

OOC: ... more failage! 8D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insert-Title-Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insert-Title-Here   Insert-Title-Here Empty

Back to top Go down

Insert-Title-Here
Page 1 of 1