SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

How to Find the Perfect Play-By

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig
Location : I reside alone on the faraway planet Dormio. It is mine and mine only. Whatever citizens live there are nonsentient lizards.

How to Find the Perfect Play-By Empty
PostSubject: How to Find the Perfect Play-By   How to Find the Perfect Play-By EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Introduction
So you've made your new character. You have his/her appearance clearly mapped out in your head. You decide you want to find a celebrity look-a-like. Unfortunately, you just can't seem to find the right match! This is a problem many people encounter. In fact, often people just give up on finding a 'celebrity match' for their character. This guide will help you find the perfect play-by!

Factors
There are many factors you have to take into account so that you won't be stuck with a forty-year old baby-faced male for your tough teenage gang member. Of course, general similarity is a given. But before you jump in and pick a celebrity out, read this!

First and foremost: Age. While you have perhaps 5-10 years of acceptable berth, please try to keep the age close to your character's. It would be weird if your 9-year-old's play-by has a bit of a beard growing, right? Right.

Next, Background and/or Ethnicity. Obviously, you don't want a Nigerian character being played by a Japanese person! But if you've thought about where your character hails from, keep that in mind as well. Sure, it's no big deal if your Scottish character is really played by an American. Or if your Chinese character is played by a Korean. But sometimes, there are subtle differences that will just *click* if you remember this factor.

Occupation is one not too many take into account. This comes into two topics. One, consider if your character is perhaps a painter, soccer player, or musician... find someone in that profession as a play-by! Don't restrict yourself to just 'actors and actresses' though. Politician that looks good? Go for it! A writer that seems to fit your match? Go for it! Remember, don't limit yourself!

Then, there are those Little Differences. You said your female character has a tan and a few freckles. So what if the play-by's a little pale, and lacking those freckles, right? If your male character's hair is longer than you would have liked, and more curly than wavy... so what? No, it matters! Like I said, little things make a difference. Someone else might not see it, but trust me, you'll feel a lot more comfortable with a play-by that matches your character down to the freckles on her nose.;)

Hunting
Okay, you've got all these things in mind. Now, where to look? Try, of course, google images first. Use keywords like, 'Actor, brown hair, New Zealand'. Then, go to more specific sites like Bellazon, where you can search for keywords for more scarce details, such as 'Romania', 'Redhead', etc. Also try surfing through the lists at Sweet and Talented. Find My Face is also great for specific keywords based on the factors above. If you're really stuck, go to the play-by board at RPG-D!

Last Resort
Still can't find one? Relax, and don't get frustrated. There's still one more chance! Instead of searching for an entire play-by celebrity... go to deviantart or flickr for regular individuals (make sure to ask permission though!). If you can only find one or two pictures that are right for your character... just use those! Don't give up, you'll find it eventually!

By The Huntress of RPG-D

Problems with Copyright infringement? Click here.
Back to top Go down

How to Find the Perfect Play-By
Page 1 of 1