SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

A godsend of a compromise.

Go down 
4 posters

Rate this
A
A godsend of a compromise. Vote_lcap0%A godsend of a compromise. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
B
A godsend of a compromise. Vote_lcap0%A godsend of a compromise. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
C
A godsend of a compromise. Vote_lcap17%A godsend of a compromise. Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
D
A godsend of a compromise. Vote_lcap33%A godsend of a compromise. Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
F
A godsend of a compromise. Vote_lcap50%A godsend of a compromise. Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

A godsend of a compromise. Empty
PostSubject: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:46 pm

You argued that ANY stat system would horrificly deny creativity and posting in the first place. Wrong! its where the stat system would limit players. No doubt you think this crazy, but think about it. What would you give to further keep players from being abusive, yet let them fully roleplay in the first place? The answer is a RELATIVE stat system. Basicly a method that is more intrinsic that forced.

You ask how is this even possible? Well... lets get to the system in the first place then.

Scholastic System:

Imagine the difference between a general and a fresh recruit. You may argue that there is no way for the fresh recruit would beat the general in the first place, right? Well, under Relative stats, the answer is the level of training.

Think about it. Even the greatest trained generals COULD be bamboozled by the least of forces. Insanely slim, but possible. It would all depend on the style and competency of the roleplayer in the first place.

Thus, I am proposing a stat system that represent 'Training'. Basicly how competent a person is in the first place. He could still use the better equipments, and even roleplay just as long and efficiently, but the character would reflect more just how experienced he is in the first place.

The Stat System:

You get 2000 configs points on each player. Further, you can spend any money, 1 for 1, to add more points to a given player. However, I am asking for a bonus 1000 configs on my players please.

Piloting - How skilled you are in flying spacecraft and aircraft.
Armory - How good you are at defending things and maintaining shields.
Gunnery - How good at firing weapons, along with improving potential damage.
Engineering - How skilled in maintenance and repairing things.
Leadership - How skilled in managing and coordinating whole groups of things.
Systems - Special systems can be very complicated. This trains you in that.
Construction - How good at building and upgrading anything in general.
Research - How good at developing new technologies.
Shipwrights - How effective you are at operating submarines and other naval vehicles.
Navigation - How efficient you are in locating and going to places and destinations.
Siegecraft - Your ability to lay siege against just about anything.
Outfitting - How effective you are in equiping/unequipping, and utilizing all forms of equipments.
Biogenics - How good at understanding and utilizing plants and animals of all kinds.
Tech Lore - How skilled you are in understanding complicated technologies.
Mobility - How good at using ground vehicles and mounts you are.
Tactics - How good at devising strategies and executing complicated formations.
Stealth - How good at sneaking, infiltratrating, and disguising yourself.
Scouting - How skilled at spotting stealth units you are and finding just about anything.
Thieving - Your ability to infiltrate security systems, plus steal, sabotage, or disable assetts.
Diplomacy - How good at negotiations and contracts with others you are.
Scholatics - How good at training yourself and others you are.
Physicals - How efficient you are at heavy labor and carrying things.
Stamina - How good you are at performing at peak performance for long periods at a time.
Vitility - How good at surviving you are in the first place, along with resisting poisions.
Health - Longer lets you go with less food and water, over greater periods of time. Resists disease.
Luck - If all else fails, you can rely on your luck to bail you out. Devious, but useful.
Medical - How good at healing and remedying yourself and others.
Utilization - How good at using tools and items in the first place you are.
Archae - your ability to uncover ancient ruins and decipher advanced texts.
Literacy - How good at reading and writing you presently are.

more if you can think of them.

Last edited by Orin Vaetriss on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rookie

Rookie

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Quote :
However, I am asking for a bonus 1000 configs on my players please.

And that right there is why you got an F. :I
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Because.... you believe that its enough of a reward for an accepted idea?

If yes... you should have argued that in the first place, or asked me to guess why you would give me an f.

Perhaps I could use the angle of necesitty, however.... there is always that chance that a site can use the higher level of discipline, especially if the number of members increases....

Oh and rook... to claim that you are superior... proves that you are not. Pride before arrogance as its said.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:38 am

When did Rook claim, or say in any way, that he was superior?

This whole system sounds like a whole lot of unnecessary extra work and though I must say I'm impressed with the list of... whatever the hell this is, I wouldn't go with it.

If anything, you're the arrogant one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 am

You dont understand the value behind relative then. It would take no more management than what we do now, sorta. The real complaint should be how complex the system would be in the first place in this case.

Basicly, relative doesnt limit how long and creative your rps are, but limits the PEOPLE in it. Basicly, like a guage or rating.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

Rambo'neil

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:17 pm

eh ... this is the future, you can just download the skills to whatever neural interface you have with the push of a button.

Cheryl would have 2000 in thieving by default because of the VISOR system which is a major plot element.

if the char has more than one unit under his disposal than it would be fine to have stats but then we would have to come up with a mod marking system and all that sort of stuff.

other examples of smashing this is:

Lan: trained in the UEF for several years since she was 7 she offed presidents without sweating. filled to the brim with nanites, muscle augmentation and skin thats proof against anything lighter than a 9mm.

O'Neil (sam): he and his brother manage a small micro-star inside the spaceship all by themselves, repair it all by themselves, maintain it all by themselves and still manage to crank out 14 lights on a regular basis.

i would recommend that this be turned into a sheet for the admins so that the chars don't step out of bounds and yet it is still freeform a compromise for both but both parties are still happy (except the admins they have more work on their hands)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:58 pm

Thats not exxatly the basis. The real basis is that it reflects training, not actual impact. Sorta like a guideline how well the player performs. So... that visor would potentially add... maybe 700pts... but that would seem iffy at best. Even then, that impact would concurr if the person would train to do well without the device in that matter.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:58 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A godsend of a compromise.   A godsend of a compromise. Empty

Back to top Go down

A godsend of a compromise.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPACE ADVENTURES :: General :: Chat :: Polls-
Jump to: