SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

What am I doing here?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

What am I doing here? Empty
PostSubject: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Kaira was sure that she was covered in scratches from head to toe by now, as she'd been scrabbling desperately away from the attackers. She wasn't really sure where she was, or who was still alive, even. The only thought her mind allowed her was, survive, survive. She wasn't sure how to; the only thing her body did was run away from the foe. She hadn't seen a single human for... well, who knew how long.

Finally, she decided she couldn't take it anymore. She dragged herself to a dark area that could have easily been an alien's home. And if it wasn't covered in rubble and completely and utterly destroyed, she could easily see a family of aliens living in it. Okay, so not easily. Not at all.

Over to the left were the mangled, burnt remains of something that could have been a couch, and in front of it was a television set. Or it could have been, but it was hard to tell. The black metal box was melted at the corners and the glass-like covering was cracked, the corner of it shattered. And the rest... well, was unrecognizable.

Kaira let the sad sight sink in. Her heart plummeted with it. Collapsing on the floor beside the "couch", she curled up and tried to force herself to have a final good rest before she was taken away, or killed by some alien.

OOC: I have no idea what's happening. So I just... yeah. :3
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:32 pm

The black metal box moved. As if God had touched it and given it life. The box fell forward, bouncing on its on even sides and landing in the middle of the room. For a moment it stood there, static. Then bursting from what could be called its base, four columns shot out, causing the box to stand up on its own. These columns were shaped similar to a spiders eight legs, minus four. It moved with a obtuse head, swinging itself round and round. It leaped and stuck to a wall, crawling around, and attracting chunks of metal as it went. It shuddered robotically as it started to resemble more of a blob of steel. It hit the ground suddenly, and suddenly. It stopped. The small bits of glass being pulled together until they resembled a tiny rectangular screen. It stared at Kaira for a second, and then it buzzed to life, displaying a screen of snow.

Plink! The machine bounced as two antenaas shot out of its top. "Testing... Testing..." came a distorted voice. "Hello..." the voice was grainy and filled with static. "Anyone out there?" came the reply again. "World's Greatest Technopath, asking for assistance!" Game sighed. Taking Cheryl's job and going into the deepest, darkest place of Cooperio Island, was actually a good decision, at least in his head. There were minimal amount of cameras and he had found many blind spots he could hide in. Like the one he was in now. All he had needed to do was hack into a robots systems, use its radio frequency to send his power through, and then he was on Sigma. He had located a number of mechanical devices that he could use to further enhance his power, and had decided upon what could be called an old fashioned monitor, one that was still operating. Using it, he could now broadcast a signal. The machine was what was now in front of Kaira.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:13 pm

A voice jolted Kaira away and she bolted upright, heart pounding in her ears. Was it an alien, coming to get her? Coming to kill her? She braced her herself... and saw a four-legged, antennae'd metal creature. The minute screen on it was static-y and grey, like a TV when there was no signal.

The girl's terror turned to curiosity as her heart rate returned to normal. "What?" She mumbled to herself, just as the robot-like creature spoke. Testing..." It said, then repeated itself. It kept talking, the static making it hard to hear. "Um... hello? Who is this?" She peered into the creature, purple eyes narrowing. What is this, some alien spying technique? Or... She shook her head. This was just weird.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:16 pm

"Who is this? That's what I'm supposed to say. Anyway... It's Game. Hopefully that means something to you." said Game, a tad bit agitated at whoever this was. They obviously didn't not have telephone manners. Even if it wasn't a telephone, or a radio, in fact it was something far stranger. Game shook the robots a head a bit, making sure its antennas were straightened and its eyes were on him. "Can you see me yet?" appearing on the screen, was a blurred and darkened silhouette that seemed to be shaking, as if the entire world around it was shaking. "Now, who are you?" he knew the voice was human, though a tad distorted, mostly because his translator chip wasn't translating a thing. He knew the frequency would only get worst over time, his mind was already starting to burn from the strain, and his eyes were becoming blood shot. He felt the worst migraine of the century starting to come on.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 pm

"Game?!" The girl shrieked, tackling the black metal box. She then proceeded to plant a kiss on the screen, right on the boy's lips, wishing that he could feel it. "This is Kaira, I miss you, where are you? Are you alright? Oh my God, please say you're okay. Muah-muah-muah."

As fricken if that would actually happen.
--

Game? The name rolled around in her mind, which had been empty except for her thoughts of survival. Who's G- Everything came rushing back in a torrent, swarming her mind like bees. Her head felt like it would burst, and down she went again, crashing to the floor in front of the metal blob. The corners of her eyes were black and fuzzy. "Game..." She mumbled. Then her eyes focused properly. "Game!" She shouted. "This is Kaira, can you hear me?" She squinted again, trying to make sense of the fuzzy shadow on the screen. Was that really him?

OOC: My God... =A=
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 pm

"Kaira? Wow, is it great to hear from you." He genuinely meant that, though it would be great to hear from anybody. He had senses a number of foreign tech hovering outside Sigma. Every single one of them had guns, big ones too, all trained on Sigma. In fact, one had a devastating laser, he had realized that it had been fired recently. But at what? Was this a protection force or a destruction force? Too confusing if he couldn't see it first hand. "Yeah... I can sort of hear you, speak clearly into the screen." buzzed the machine. "What's going on? I couldn't find the apartments anywhere on Sigma, did they like... relocate it or something?" Fear was in his tone as he tried to make sense of this, the apartments and every electronic device in it, hadn't even been giving off a signal. It was impossible to tell what had happened to it, in fact almost everything in a mile radius of it was gone. What was the true question though.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Kaira leaned forward into the screen, straining to hear Game's voice through the mask of static. "Game... they... it was horrible, these... I don't know, invaders came, and they started firing lasers everywhere and I was with Adailia and then she disappeared and... oh God, I'm so scared... Game, I think they're going to kill us all." Her voice broke off as she tried to slow her breathing down. Seeing the lasers come down and they way they were frying everything they could? Yes, it was pretty obvious. But voicing her fears aloud was something entirely different.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:31 pm

"Disappeared?" What was she saying? Something about an invasion, he didn't understand any of it, and if it wasn't Kaira who was saying it, he would have considered it a mental patients cries. But, he heard the fear in her voice. He knew that Kaira was almost the most sane person he knew in this world. And he knew this was serious. "Stop, I don't understand a single thing you're saying? Who invaded, what happened to Adailia and what lasers are you talking about?" nervously he chuckled, it was the only way he could make sure he didn't go insane from all this information. Deciphering it, all he could tell was that some aliens might have invaded and Kaira was separated from Adailia, and seeing as how there was no one around her, she was all alone, away from the humans.
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:41 pm

After she stopped hyperventilating, Kaira took a huge, steadying breath and spoke as clearly as she could into the monitor, hoping her voice wouldn't convey how shaky she felt at the moment. "These... these giant, metal..." The brunette gave a shuddery sigh, trying to think of how to put it, then started again. "We were in the apartments, and then the ground started shaking like... like an earthquake. And outside were these bright colourful lights that reduced everything they touched to ashes, coming from these huge spaceships and..." She paused to think.

"Game, I..." Something caught in her throat, cutting off her speech. Shame, or guilt, or maybe both. Definitely terror too though, whichever it was. "Adailia made this huge aura-shield to protect us and then... she told me to listen to her, and to run and... I haven't seen her since. Oh God, what if something happened to her?" She whispered hoarsely, speaking more to herself than Game now. What if she'd left her friend to be forever enslaved, or worse, dead? She felt sick to her stomach. If something happened to Adailia, she would never forgive herself. Even if her friend told her to follow her instructions... would a better friend have stayed until the end with her?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 am

What was it with girls not being able to form sentences when they got scared. Giant metal things, could be robots, could be spaceships, could be a friggin' asteroid. His frown deepened into a scowl. Okay, so lasers came down from spaceships... Obviously an invasion... the thought was horrifying, but reality. It was something he had faced once before, maybe that fact lessened the blow, but it wasn't like he was there firsthand to witness this tragedy. Really, half the stuff Kaira was saying only made him angrier. Especially when she started talking about Adailia. Adailia!? Ugh, he didn't even want to talk about her. "She's fine!" he shouted, interrupting Kaira before she started spouting questions at him. He stepped away from the screen. Pinching his forehead, not in concentration, but in frustration, why wasn't he there right now? He could have stopped this easy, maybe he could, maybe he couldn't. There was no changing the past, only the future.

"Step back, Kaira." He murmured, walking back over to the screen. The tiny orb television, rattled slightly as he did. The grinding sound of metal cutting through the ground sounded, as a plate of metal slammed under the screen. Flickering blue strands of energy shot across the room, grabbing onto anything metallic, or with metallic pieces and pulling it closer. Game had seen his head, countless times, the schematics of robots, he'd even created one before, until it was destroyed. Making a clunker droid out of bits of metal found in someones shack was nothing new to him. The bulbous head, rolled on the shoulders of the thin metal object. It's arms were like metal pipes, bending only once at the elbows, and its back had a definite curve, making it look like a cripple. One of its legs was much longer than the other, and they both were as thin as the arms. "Haha! There we go." his voice came from the screen again, metal falling off of the robots skull until it looked slimmer with only room for the screen. "What'd ya think? Your own personal robot guardian."
Back to top Go down
Nessa

Nessa

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:13 am

At Game's outburst, Kaira shut up immediately, a look of distress darkening her violet eyes. "I'm just... worried, Game. Aren't you?" She clenched her fists, mouth set in a tight, grim line. Fear just wasn't in her anymore, but it'd left her limbs feeling weak and a sick aftertaste in her stomach. Death was nearing; she just didn't know when it would strike. She felt hunted, like a deer the moment before the huntsman fires.

"Step back." Kaira felt her shoulders relax, if only slightly, as she obliged. Game's voice was far steadier than hers. And it was calming, despite the chaos going on. She felt gratitude at the fact that at least Game and a handful of others were safe from this horror. But she felt cheated at the same time. If they were here, they'd stand a way bigger chance of surviving. Lives that were stolen could have been saved.

But there wasn't anything she could do about it. Not now, now that the deed was done. She stared blankly as the robot-thing shifted, more metal objects shooting towards it. When it was complete, Game's voice sounded again, eliciting a small laugh from the girl. "Thanks, Game." She whispered into the screen, admiring the crooked but - hopefully - fully functional robot. Guilt shot through her mind, at the fact that she was allowed the luxury of laughing, of conversing with someone without having to run for fear of being fried in an instant. But there just wasn't any point in feeling guilty. She had to escape, didn't she? All she could do was cling to the hope that the others were faring well, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing here?   What am I doing here? Empty

Back to top Go down

What am I doing here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPACE ADVENTURES :: Junkyard :: Archives :: Sigma-
Jump to: