SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig
Location : I reside alone on the faraway planet Dormio. It is mine and mine only. Whatever citizens live there are nonsentient lizards.

It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. Empty
PostSubject: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Xeda, with Fenn protecting her form the black rain with his gravity powers--which she later admired for the way the rain rolled off of it. She was glad to be back at the apartments, or at least close to it. They were coming the the misleading front which was large, looking extravagant against the less beautiful background. The brown coloring was tinted with gray from the black rain, but still looking presentable. The glass doors were opaque black. Fine enough.

"Thanks," Xeda murmured when they got to the building, the roof providing shelter. It was nice of him to shelter her with something. What a gentleman. As she got to the door she remembered Cezar off at that pet store and doing his work. She hoped he'd get out of this fine, or at least find a place to stay until the storm blew over, which she didn't know when. "Why did it have to be today?" She growled under her breath, opening the door to the apartment. The inside of the gray building weas starting to get humid, as it did when it started to rain. it took the building thirty minutes to realize how bad it was before it decided to have some control over it and make the hallways cool again.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:48 pm

In the lobby of the apartments, Caleb lay on his stomach, kicking his feet back and forth behind him, bored out of his mind. He was playing a game of Ultimate Marbles. It was an alien game, using objects that were way too abstract to be marbles, but he thought of them that way anyway. He didn't know exactly how they were supposed to be played by the liked them. They were thing diamond like pieces that you could spin between your fingers, and they reflected a secret image. He stopped one of the oddly shaped marbles with his finger and flicked it forward, sending it into the fray of many other marbles that were doing the same. He watched with an intent gaze as his single marble was smacked from place to place, scattering the other marbles, and then it stopped, right in the middle of the circle of other marbles.

He watched as they span again, showing images that perplexed him yet intrigued him. He wondered if it was a kind of puzzle. But he didn't have much time to wonder, as the door swung open and the 'marbles' fell over revealing their crystal like shape again. He sighed, miserably, looking at who had opened the door to see a girl. He turned away slowly, picking up his toys, that was when he noticed Fenn. The boy was a sort of role model, even if the stench of smoke was irritating enough, the girl he was with, wasn't that sort of person. She cast a horrible demeanor of oppression, and negativity, if he could run, he most likely would, just to get away from the her. But he didn't want too seem like a punk, so he simply, shyly clung to the wall of the hallway. A rumble of thunder and the harsh downpour of rain making him jump.

There'd be no superheroing tonight.
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 pm

ooc: *smacks Caleb* HE DOESN'T SMELL LIKE SMOKE DANGDONGIT!

Fenn ceased use of his powers as soon as Xeda got in the door, and suddenly he felt exhausted. His head had stopped throbbing though, which was a plus. Surprisingly he had enjoyed talking to Xeda on their way home. She had improved his mood dramatically, and for some reason he felt the urge to smile. "Hi Caleb," he said as he noticed the boy. He looked bored. Fenn stared at the crystals littering the floor wondering what they could be before turning his attention back to Xeda. She has said something, although he wasn't sure what. Whatever it was it didn't sound happy. "I have to go change, I'll be right back," he looked at his soaking wet clothes. It was amazing what even a second of rain could do. Fenn strode up to his room. A moment after leaving the lobby he scolded himself. Why didn't I ask her what was wrong? He frowned. Because, you're no good at making friends.

ooc: THREAD IS NOT OVER. HE WILL BE BACK IN LIKE... THE NEXT TIME I POST. 8I
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig
Location : I reside alone on the faraway planet Dormio. It is mine and mine only. Whatever citizens live there are nonsentient lizards.

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Xeda grunted her okay, sure, and fine as she tried to shrug off the annoyance of the rain. Oh, it rains everywhere. Might as well go about it for another time. She took off her slowly drying jacket, eying it for any damage. Last time it rained her shirt just about disintegrated. They really needed to fix that high-acid problem they had around here. She shrugged, not seeing anything. It's probably show up when it had more time drying.

She wondered why she wasn't the one to say "I'll go change" first, since she felt as uncomfortable as a fly in Kentucky. If only she had a hair dryer on hand, but, smart as she was, didn't think to even pack a hair dryer for the trip here. That whole "There's no water in space" logic dominating that decision. Looking back then to now, she could see how stupid that was. She looked to her side, noticing Caleb shortly after Fenn had greeted him.

Xeda studied him. She didn't see him often and when she did she never talked to him. She'd never found a reason why she needed to, usually it was because she already had something else on her mind every time he was in her eyesight. For once, she wasn't doing anything. And being the social one, why not try and bring in some conversation?

"Hi," she greeted, a genuine smile on her face. It was always nice to talk to someone new for a change. "What are those?" She said, gesturing with her eyes--it's not polite to point--to the thing he was playing with that... to her, looked like mutated cubes. They were... somewhat interesting, but the things looked so simple that she didn't think they'd feed her any knowledge.

Last edited by Deus Dormio on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:12 pm

"They're marble... puzzle... magnets." replied Caleb with a frown. Really, there was no description besides stupid and boring. Now that there was someone to talk too, he wouldn't have to be the anti-social freak who plays with mar-zle-nets. Marzlenets. What a wonderful name! He wrinkled his nose at the stench of SMOKE as Fenn passed by. Man, if his mother knew he hung out with characters like this, she'd kill him. Then douse the rest of them with holy water and preach to them for hours. Fond memories, but back on Sigma, Caleb was frowning immensely. "So... Where were you two?" he asked the girl, folding his arms wisely over his chest and raising his head inquisitively.

Last edited by Game on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Fenn returned from his room, clad in a fresh sweater-vest and pair of pants, and smelling of a beautiful sunrise on Mt. Everest overlooking the purple horizon. He returned to find Caleb frowning deeply and looking critically at Xeda. Xeda, surprisingly, looked happy, much to Fenn's relief. Getting brave, he asked, "So, why did what have to happen today?" He was of course, referring to what Xeda has said earlier.

Last edited by kiwiattack on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 pm

"At the zoo," she replied, finding Caleb's poise saying more than just "It would be a joy to know where you two had adventured off to on this fine evening". She looked behind her when Fenn came, clothed in better attire. It was too humid for jackets. She looked at him oddly after he asked her the question of what she had said. She didn't intend for him to hear or ask about it. He seemed like the guy who didn't shrug things off.

"The rain," she replied, glancing out the window at the harshness of it all. "I don't think many could get through that." The rain on former Earth didn't compare to that.

OOC: Fail post? :O
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pajama Man

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:01 pm

"The zoo?" They had a zoo? Why didn't he know about this before? No matter, it wasn't important. Even though he had missed his chance to catch a plant or beast related villain. He barely looked at Fenn who came in smelling all girly. Seriously, did he just dunk himself in perfume or what? These two were so boring, he had thought that the angry girl would at least make some sort of sport, yanno, try and start a fight, but no. They were... Normal! How could people with superpowers be normal! Why did he hang out with them? Stupid Kargagna and his leash laws, even though he had disobeyed them since day one. He couldn't do anything at all in this place. Except listen to older kids talk about the weather. Stupid small talk.
Back to top Go down
kiwiattack

kiwiattack

Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 pm

The double doors to the apartment lobby swung open to reveal a dark shape. The figure was humanoid, a lithe, young girl. Normally such a physique wouldn't be frightening, but as lightning threw the world outside into strange repose it was unnerving. Dostaria stepped into the lobby, a rare frown painted on her face. Her eyes were sad, and a little scared. She was all wet, her coat hung limply from her arms. With a little difficulty she heaved her suitcase inside. She looked up, suddenly noticing the three other humans. "Hi," she muttered, a brief smile lightning her face. None of the humans looked particularly happy, but she couldn't blame them. The weather was stayed in.
Back to top Go down
Deus Dormio

Deus Dormio

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:10 pm

"Yeah, the zoo. Where all the little freak animals are." That generally where you put animals. Xeda rolled her eyes. She hated it when people answered like that, as if theyw ere askign a question. Stupid people. She looked towards the door when Dostoria came in with a suitcase for whatever reason. What did she have a suitcase for?

"You okay? You looked a little freaked." And for not much of a reason either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.   It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone. Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Quiet Now That Half the Human Race is Gone.
Page 1 of 1