SPACE ADVENTURES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
SPACEPEDIA
Click the image below to be directed to our wikia, where you can find all information on various characters, alien species, and planets. It is still under construction so suggestions are accepted.
SPACEPEDIA SPACEPEDIA
Staff Members

( kyuu )
c r e a t o r

( deus dormio )
a d m i n

( snicker muffin )
m o d

Wikia Coding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rookie

Rookie

Scorpio Rat

Wikia Coding Empty
PostSubject: Wikia Coding   Wikia Coding EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:05 pm

There's been a lot of confusion about our Wikia page. Well, I'm here to explain how to use codes to make certain things.

Keep in mind that half the time, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Post any problems here and I'll try to fix 'em.

Anything in red MUST be typed in order for the code to work.

Making a Table of Contents

A table of contents will automatically be added when you type titles. To make titles, type "==insert_writing==" without the quotations. This must be alone on a line or it won't work.

Making a Character Infobox

Click here for an example.

First of all, I don't know how to stick a picture in there right now. To start, type {{Infobox animanga character and press enter. Type whatever the hell this ==> | is called. I'll just call 'em lines. Then, hit the spacebar and type name = xxx. Enter your character's name where the xxx is. There MUST be a space between the equals sign and the name.

So far, you should have something like this:

{{Infobox animanga character
| name = Kenji Elias Silvano

Press enter again, type a line, space, and then Gender, space, equal sign, and whatever gender your character is. Now it should look something like this:

| Gender = Male

Notice 'name' is NOT capitalized and 'Gender' is. I did that for a reason.

Repeat the steps above for whatever information you want to say about your character. Don't include personality and history, obviously, because that stuff would be in the main article.

On my page, along with name and Gender, I used Alias, Power, Species, Birth Date, Age, and Affiliation. Example:

| Alias = None
| Gender = Male
| Species = Human
| Birth Date = December 5th, 3573
| Age = 16
| Power = Energy Manipulation
| Affiliation = None
}}

For Mendoza:

| name = Jonathan Turow
| Alias = Mendoza
| Gender = Male
| Species = Human
| Birth Date = February 13th, 3570
| Age = 20
| Power = Molecular Disintegration and Replication
| Affiliation = Assassin
}}

When done with your last category, example Affiliation, press enter and type }} to end the code for the information box.

We should all have the same infoboxes, so please, give suggestions as to what should be in them. I'll add or subtract whatever I need to.

If there are any questions or suggestions, PM me. Don't post here or I'll get someone to delete them.

More information and codes will be added. When I figure out how to put images in them, I'll post that too.

If you REALLY want a picture, there is an easy way to get an infobox. When making a new page, go to template, and then click infobox. Fill in the requirements from there. But that infobox looks really weird, and that's why I'm not using it.
Back to top Go down
Rookie

Rookie

Scorpio Rat

Wikia Coding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikia Coding   Wikia Coding EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Mm. Wikia is a piece of crap and this worked one minute and not the next. SO IGNORE THIS.
Back to top Go down

Wikia Coding
Page 1 of 1